Unable to Play in Wetlands Championship or Banff Championship

by PalomaMarvel24

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Unable to Play in Wetlands Championship or Banff Championship

★★★ Pro

In career mode, I am unable able to play the alternate courses of the Wetlands Championship or Banff Championship because of the OWGR. Winning these tournaments are needed to earn vc from career quests. I am losing 18000 VC since I am not able  to play in them. I tried skipping events but my OWGR is unable to go down. I wish players could pick what career mode courses to play in. I think these alternate courses should be dictated by Fed Ex rankings instead of OWGR. If you skip tournament ms, your fed ex ranking goes down l, but your OWGR still remains high. I need those 18000 VC.

Message 1 of 22 (1,588 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Unable to Play in Wetlands Championship or Banff Championship

★★★★ Guide

I got around it by creating a new golfer and started it out on the PGA Tour, without doing an amateur season and skipped straight to the alternative event. With having no record / stats, you are forced into the alternate. 

It's not an ideal solution, but it works. 

View in thread

Message 2 of 22 (1,580 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Guide

I got around it by creating a new golfer and started it out on the PGA Tour, without doing an amateur season and skipped straight to the alternative event. With having no record / stats, you are forced into the alternate. 

It's not an ideal solution, but it works. 

Message 2 of 22 (1,581 Views)

★★★ Pro
@Noya_Wesa Thank you for the recommendation.
Message 3 of 22 (1,571 Views)

★★★★ Guide

You're welcome. Enjoy spending the points when you get them. Standard smile

Message 4 of 22 (1,569 Views)

★★★ Pro
@Noya_Wesa Yup... that is what I did as well. Unfortunately your playing without any skill points and you have to create a new character each time.

Message 5 of 22 (1,535 Views)

★★★ Pro
@Noya_Wesa It worked. Playing a new golfer without skills was tough since she was playing more like the phantom of the open instead of Tiger Woods. Luckily I got through the Wetlands Championship. Now I am in the Banff Championship.
Message 6 of 22 (1,496 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I hear and agree with you on the shock value of no skills after playing with a 99 OVR character for a while.

I'm glad it worked out for you though. Standard smile 

Message 7 of 22 (1,485 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Question:  If you create a new golfer and then win the event, who gets the 9000 rewards points?  Does it go to your overall account or does creating a separate golfer mean a different set of rewards points just for that created golfer?

Message 8 of 22 (1,394 Views)

★★★ Pro
@wlhaven The 9000 vc goes to the overall account. It doesn’t matter how many created golfers you make. XP on the other hand is per separate golfer. Lucky the 9000 vc us for account.
Message 9 of 22 (1,382 Views)

★ Novice

This should not be an accepted solution, needs to be patched.

Message 10 of 22 (1,373 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help