Solo's Mode, The Good, Bad or Ugly S21 Thread

by Asmodeus566

Original Post

Re: Solo's Mode, The Good, Bad or Ugly S21 Thread

★★ Pro

The mode isn't necessairly terrible, but obviously all the cheaters don't make it fun either,

I'd much prefer not playing Solos on the new map as fun as it sounds, the Broken moon at least for me feels like it's better for squad BR than solo BR.

Message 21 of 76 (587 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

And yet another bs idea, my banner runs out in ranked but still i get a penalty while  leaving my useless team (2 guys playing loot simulator while i do dmg).

not that im keen on playing ranked, but i like WE way more than new Broken Moon.
It gets better by the minute, i wonder who comes up with such great ideas.
Fix the fricken MM and way less people feel inclined to leave their team !

Message 22 of 76 (567 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@HappyHourSumwur and what legends would that be? the only legend that has a real disadvantage is lifeline because people take her for the revive and even she isnt that bad, a whole carepacket just for yourself... and she is in a state where she is getting a rework anyway so you cant tell me she works perfectly in trios...

conduit? she can perfectly heal herself, sure her passive is not working buuhhhooo , she has a strong kit anyway, doesnt need that passive that doesnt help her fight in trios anyway

i would actually get rid of the respawn and the signal for people in 50m range, but that doesnt change the fact that i like solos, and many many other people too. if you dont like it, dont play it
Message 23 of 76 (542 Views)

Champion
@reconzero I only dislike 2 things so far-

The indicator there's an enemy within 50 meters. I've always hated mini map markers. I feel like this is because they know people with no or poor headsets will get mad.

The MM. Every death is a sweat lord with badges I could never get.
Message 24 of 76 (541 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@hayhor matchmaking is like that in every mode.... has been far too long...
Message 25 of 76 (538 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@HappyHourSumwurI won my game with Wattson. I will try to play with others not in those classes just to prove it can be done lol. Mirage is also a decent Solo legend due to his decoys.

@hayhormy mm so far hasn't been terrible. But I'm sure I will have some rough games.

Message 26 of 76 (505 Views)

Champion
@Lord_Scorpion34 I actually found mirage was amazing in this. Even the people with pred badges with numbers shoot the decoys. Finally won a game of it.
Message 27 of 76 (474 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@hayhor

"they know people with no or poor headsets will get mad."

Generous. I would have said, "people with no awareness or game sense."
Message 28 of 76 (470 Views)

Champion
@reconzero I found that guy last night. He was a bloodhound. I was coming to a new building with a hole through the middle and got the "enemy within 50m warning". As I approached I could hear him inside so I took the roof and peaked through the hole. He was still looting. Was the easiest beam of my life. Zero awareness even with a bright red warning!
Message 29 of 76 (439 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I tried it out for like 3 rounds here's my take.

The Good:

It was nice to have a second chance at respawn. Though having 2 tries, probably wouldn't slow things down too much and still be interesting. Especially when the time to find a game, feels longer than trios or ranked for some reason. Being kicked out after a single death means feeling like ages in loading.

Finding Blue weapons on the ground already kitted was pretty cool.

The Ugly:

The 50m warning was kinda cool. But it also prevented you from flanking or getting close without high alert enemies. Decent system but also prevented any sort of stealth gameplay you'd see in other game modes.

The respawn system lets people land on you, making it hard to fight back.

Non-movement legends have it really hard.

The Bad:

Every player I fought except 1, tap strafed and wall jumped. Wished I had controllers godlike aim assist that everyone complains about, because this mode seriously needs it. *eyeroll*

Spent half the time running in an empty map because apparently everyone hot drops in the same places. - could literally do away with the drop ship at start, and drop 3-5/10 people above each zone as if "spawning above that POI specifically", then if killed give an option to drop at the same or change to another within the ring via the respawn system..

Message 30 of 76 (390 Views)