Re: Slow download speeds on EA Desktop

★★★ Newbie

could share with the name of this app?

Message 51 of 331 (80,422 Views)

ea desktop slow download speeds

★★★ Newbie

Product: EA Desktop
Platform:PC
Error Report ID (learn how to create an Error Report ID in the sticky post)
Which client functionality are you experiencing this bug with? Download Game
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 17/08/21 13:46
Summarize your bug I have searched the threads and have found nothing helpful: clean booting, resetting my router or clearing the cache nothing works. Normally I get 25+ MBps when downloading on the GamePass, Steam, Epic, and GoG but for some reason, I am being throttled. I am currently trying to download NFS: Heat at a whopping 1.12MBps max and this has been persisting with all games I download on this app.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Just download a game
What happens when the bug occurs? 100 kbps - 1.2 MBps download speeds
What do you expect to see? I expect to see normal download speeds

Please do not tell me how to fix the Origin app and if there is no solution is there at least an explanation to why speeds are capped like this?

Message 52 of 331 (668 Views)

Download speed bottlenecked in EA Desktop app

★★ Novice

Product: EA Desktop
Platform:PC
Error Report ID (learn how to create an Error Report ID in the sticky post)
Which client functionality are you experiencing this bug with? Download Game
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 13-10-2021
Summarize your bug Download speed bottlenecked
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try downloading any game from EA Desktop application
What happens when the bug occurs? Very slow download speeds, probably capped/bottlenecked
What do you expect to see? Download speed according to my internet plan

I'm using EA pass included with the Xbox Gamepass Ultimate to download EA games. It required me to download this EA Desktop app to do so. When the download started, I realised that the download speed is probably bottlenecked to about 2.8MBps (22mbps), while I should be getting speeds of around 15MBps(150mbps internet plan). No other application is using internet and network utilization is also very low. I've tried various workarounds like disabling anti-virus, using a VPN, etc. from reading other threads about this issue but nothing seems to work. I'd be glad to have a working fix for this.

Message 53 of 331 (19,514 Views)

Re: incredibly slow download speeds

★★★ Newbie
@vP1xel my origin downloads at about 12 mb/sec but EA desktop goes up to 3!....I would use Origin but unfortunately Origin does not support EA play with Game Pass.😒
Message 54 of 331 (19,433 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@EA_Blueberry Nothing has fixed it, why bother on having a help forum if you are going to spam the same answers every time
Message 55 of 331 (17,585 Views)

Community Manager

Hey, @Soppio_cl 

I just got back today from being out several days for a holiday. Are you still having some trouble with download speeds? We tend to toss out effective solutions that work which is why you might see them repeated on forum posts. It's a good way to start out troubleshooting because a lot of times it's not going to be a one solution fit all. As you can see in the thread, for some it had to do with other programs on their PC while others are experiencing slower connection from a local network issue. 

Some countries do have data restrictions. What region are you from? Can you confirm with me you've tried the steps already mentioned in this thread? 

Have you checked your router's firmware to see if it's up to date? 

We're here to troubleshoot and figure out what could be causing slower download speeds if you're still in need of help. 

Best regards,

Blueberry 

Blueberry.png
Message 56 of 331 (17,464 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Respectfully, as I know you can't just solve stuff right out of the gate, but accusing people's networks and having other software open is complete rubbish. Any other platform performs fine with other activites in the background as you can see with some posts on this thread.
It has to be an issue with the servers or a DNS. Now I'm not that computer savvy and I can't find anything related to it on the EA launcher but I have no idea what a DNS is let alone why it would be a problem. Do these threads not actually get a look at by EA community support members?

Message 57 of 331 (16,915 Views)

★★★ Newbie

You all need to get your act together. It is very obvious that EA is throttling download speeds deliberately. Then people come here to ask for help and they get spammed with the same BS over and over. Terrible service.

Message 58 of 331 (15,229 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@vP1xel I faced the same problem try this:
1 | exit EA desktop app
2 | Go to the EA app Shortcut
3 | " Right click" then choose " Run as administrator "
4 | Click " Resume"

hope it help ( +XP if helped )
MerKer
Message 59 of 331 (16,657 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@MerKerYT the very random guy, in the very end of the comments literally managed to give me a solution. Big up mate, I have not though about it, but the Admin mode gave me better download speed. @EA_Darko I would consider to give him a job.
Message 60 of 331 (16,435 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help