Slow Download Speeds on EA app

by vP1xel

Original Post

Re: downloading with ea is the worst (so many issues)

Community Manager

Hey @shastridev001 

If the download speed is slow on the EA app, please make sure to close any background apps and run the EA app as an admin. 

Spoiler

1. When you've located the file, right-click it to open its context menu. Then, select "Properties."
2. Navigate to the "Compatibility" tab.

3. Check the option next to "Run this Program as Administrator."
4. To apply this new choice, click "Apply" and then "OK" to exit the window.

EA_PulsarAHQ

Message 321 of 331 (766 Views)

Re: The EA app is a huge dissapointment.

★★★ Newbie

yeah setting and hep app recovery and clear cache works. from 2mb to  75mb .. cheers

Message 322 of 331 (470 Views)

Re: Im getting ridiculously low download speeds

★★★ Newbie

I have even slow speed in download... Like 350 to 500 kb per second... WTF wrong with server... Only EA App is not working correctly...

Anything else is flying...

Message 323 of 331 (325 Views)

Re: Slow download speeds on EA Desktop

★★★ Newbie

fix your * you money hungry * you make all this money and no clue why like all your games are * and you * * everyone you sell your games to and the world just loves that apparently * unbottle neck your * downloads maybe GET MORE * SERVERS YOU STUPID * 

Message 324 of 331 (284 Views)

EA App download issues

★★★ Newbie

FC 24 is not downloading properly. 250kb/s speed. it wasn't updating after I tried everything in the forums I uninstalled it

Message 325 of 331 (245 Views)

Re: Slow download speeds on EA Desktop

★★★ Newbie

Thank you, I was searching for like 20 minutes on what to do, and this helped out a lot! It went from about 1 MB/s to 70-73 MB/s.

Message 326 of 331 (140 Views)

Ea app blocked speed download

★★★ Newbie

Hello, only on ea app i have limited speed download for 10Mb/s, when im switching speed limit from 10 to unlimited for like 2 sec is 12+ then is going back to 10. Its not about my internet  connection.  I dont have any limit download etc.

Message 327 of 331 (124 Views)

Re: Slow Download Speeds on EA app

★★★ Novice

I found out that using vpn helps, not a lot, but helps. In my country i got 30kb/s and in neightbour country i got 5Mb/s. Interesting from steam i got 200Mb/s, so screw EA app

Message 328 of 331 (83 Views)

★ Novice

im having this exact same issue and tried contacting support theyre having an attitude and thinking that the problem is on my end on steam i have 90 Mb/s and xbox desktop app i have the same on ea i have 900 kb/s ive tried everything vpn clean booting clearing cache 

Message 329 of 331 (67 Views)

★ Novice

9e213bdb-1251-400f-ab90-422ee1a8a9b3

Message 330 of 331 (64 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help