Possible Cheaters in PGA Tour? High scores or leaving game

by MSgt_Jeff

Original Post

Re: Cheaters?

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@LZR_SloanerTW wrote:
@RichACasking for a friend. Would -13 over 9 holes on the tour pro daily at quail hollow be considered cheating? Or -18 at brandon dunes sim no green grid?

it depends.   are you cheating?   Cheating is doing anything to increase your score that undermines the intentions, or not intended by the developers or community members setting the rules of a tournament.   So for example the thing that destroys online gaming in general.  Is using alt accounts to hide your identity.

One form of cheating EA needs to get right on top of right now.  Is players leaving losing competitive matches to avoid the loss on their record and deny a win for their opponent.

Message 41 of 172 (665 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@LZR_SloanerTW wrote:
@RichACasking for a friend. Would -13 over 9 holes on the tour pro daily at quail hollow be considered cheating? Or -18 at brandon dunes sim no green grid?

CheaterTongue out

Message 42 of 172 (640 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@RichAC wrote:

@LZR_SloanerTW wrote:

it depends.   are you cheating?   Cheating is doing anything to increase your score that undermines the intentions, or not intended by the developers or community members setting the rules of a tournament.   So for example the thing that destroys online gaming in general.  Is using alt accounts to hide your identity.

One form of cheating EA needs to get right on top of right now.  Is players leaving losing competitive matches to avoid the loss on their record and deny a win for their opponent.

Sloaner has been a great player for a long time in several games.  You can watch his gameplay on YouTube if you would like to see the difference between a gamer and a complainer.  Outside of sitting next to someone playing the game you can’t be convinced.  The top players in the world are just good at this game period.  I know them and have played with them for years.  If anyone is doing any of things you have been posting about, they are not the ones at the top of the leaderboards. Touch grass.

Message 43 of 172 (618 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@Afro_Pub_Jumper wrote:

@RichAC wrote:

@LZR_SloanerTW wrote:

Sloaner has been a great player for a long time in several games.  You can watch his gameplay on YouTube if you would like to see the difference between a gamer and a complainer.  Outside of sitting next to someone playing the game you can’t be convinced.  The top players in the world are just good at this game period.  I know them and have played with them for years.  If anyone is doing any of things you have been posting about, they are not the ones at the top of the leaderboards. Touch grass.

This, ive played with and against top players on Xbox over the years and as you say, they are just very very good. A lot of it is down to knowing how many notches up/down/left/right to move the aim to account for wind and lie, mathematics essentially. Hitting consistent swing isnt hard either, I dont think ive hit an actual mis-hit swing yet on this game, and most shots are at least 99% power. 

ive found a lot of the lesser quality players dont read the courses properly, not every drive requires the driver etc, not every par 5 should be hit in 2 shots, not every approach pin seeking. Having green knowledge too, where best to put the ball for certain pin positions so the putt is easier. 

Message 44 of 172 (611 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@theycagednon wrote:

@Afro_Pub_Jumper wrote:

@RichAC wrote:

This, ive played with and against top players on Xbox over the years and as you say, they are just very very good. A lot of it is down to knowing how many notches up/down/left/right to move the aim to account for wind and lie, mathematics essentially. Hitting consistent swing isnt hard either, I dont think ive hit an actual mis-hit swing yet on this game, and most shots are at least 99% power. 

ive found a lot of the lesser quality players dont read the courses properly, not every drive requires the driver etc, not every par 5 should be hit in 2 shots, not every approach pin seeking. Having green knowledge too, where best to put the ball for certain pin positions so the putt is easier. 

Exactly.  Most players just smash their driver and leave a 60 yard shot with a 15 MPH wind in their face and then wonder why they came up short and spun off the green… Rather than lay back with a club with little spin, do the math and leave yourself a 5 foot putt.  But, in this fantasy thread we all are using popsicle sticks and rubber bands to kill time and climb the leader board. The good players could care less about rankings.  Just want a competitive match.  And I have seen a bunch of players worth noting in this thread who are just good… Mega, Igloo, CCC, Sloaner to name a few.  No disrespect to those I didn’t mention.  It’s just a video game.

Message 45 of 172 (595 Views)

★ Guide

Yeah man 100%... 8 or 9 iron is king for approach shots, ill even hit a 4/5 iron off the tee on some holes, the 1st at Pebble Beach being a prime example, why risk the dog leg and narrow fairway by blasting it when you can just Nick Faldo style long iron off the tee and leave an easy approach for birdie chance. 

Message 46 of 172 (575 Views)

★★ Guide

There have been cheaters in every golf game, basically ever.

Don't worry about it

Message 47 of 172 (571 Views)

Champion

@theycagednon wrote:

Yeah man 100%... 8 or 9 iron is king for approach shots, ill even hit a 4/5 iron off the tee on some holes, the 1st at Pebble Beach being a prime example, why risk the dog leg and narrow fairway by blasting it when you can just Nick Faldo style long iron off the tee and leave an easy approach for birdie chance. 

I'll have to give this approach a try Standard smile.

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 48 of 172 (563 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@BuckHasTheBook wrote:

There have been cheaters in every golf game, basically ever.

Don't worry about it

Embarrassment of a comment.  You don’t seem to understand you are insulting yourself.  If you can’t play at a high level the default response is “cheater”.  The reality is those who claim that are just bad.  Those who don’t, know there is a skill gap and learn how to play the game correctly.  I don’t know what else to say.  I could literally write a book on how to play EA golf games and it would just get dismissed because players refuse to accept gamers game, complainers complain.  I’m done with this thread.  Hope to see all complainers in a competitive match.  I’ll take the easy wins. ✌🏻

Message 49 of 172 (684 Views)

Champion

If anyone would like to start a tips of how to play well thread I could see about getting it pinned. I'm sure lots of people would be interested. Not that everyone may want to give away how they do so well Standard smile.

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 50 of 172 (672 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help