Perfect Genetics Challenge Updates

by karritz

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Perfect Genetics Challenge Updates

★ Apprentice

I'm hoping this is a new topic I just created and not something belonging to someone else's topic. I am still trying to work out how to use this forum to post things to.

I have written a longish post in the regular forum and realise no one is likely to find it. And I suspect this one will be invisible too.  I will either work out how this works here or else I'll be quite silent until the new forum arrives.

Happy Simming 

Message 1 of 5 (600 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Perfect Genetics Challenge Updates

@karritz  You've created a new topic here.  If you have questions about how this forum works, whether about how to write posts or more generally, feel free to ask.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (579 Views)

All Replies

@karritz  You've created a new topic here.  If you have questions about how this forum works, whether about how to write posts or more generally, feel free to ask.

Message 2 of 5 (580 Views)

★ Apprentice

Thank you @puzzlezaddict .  I understand you don't work for EA.  I used to spend most of my forum time in the Tech section of the Sims 3 forum way back before the Sims 4 got released. A group of us used to help people solve problems with their games. I learned a lot about the game and how to fix issues in it during that time. That was before Answers HQ was introduced.

I've popped in here a couple of times to help out but probably only did it once or twice. Those of you who do it regularly seemed to have it under control.

I don't feel comfortable here trying to use it as a replacement for our regular forum.  I suspect I'll get used to it and hope this isn't the model they plan to use for the new forum.  It works for getting specific questions answered but probably not great for forum type posts so I most likely won't be here much.  We'll see what happens.

Thank you for your replying.

Happy Simming

Message 3 of 5 (575 Views)

@karritz  I remember you from the official forums, although I wasn't there until long after Sims 4 was released.  This section of AHQ has always only been about solving issues, yes, but it's now supposed to be a stopover on the way to the new EA forums, which are apparently going to be different from this site both in form and function.  EA_Cade has been posting a bit about that but hasn't shared many details; still, the idea is to host both help and general chatter.  The idea is that anything you post here won't be deleted when the officials close down, not that this is the new format for EA forums.

Hopefully there will be more details about the new forums in the coming weeks, but EA people may not be ready to share at this point.

By the way, the "I don't work for EA" is my signature, not something I go out of my way to tell people.  I'm required to have a sig and to say I don't work for EA in it, or else I probably wouldn't have bothered.

Message 4 of 5 (564 Views)

★ Apprentice

I've been working on the next video - it's Generation 2 Episode 18.  It is set in Vice City. If  you watch it you will get a good idea of what's in Vice City and how I've modified it for now.  I'm sure more modifications will happen eventually.  I'm hoping to get it finished today. With my new internet connection I'm expecting it to load in a few minutes instead of the several hours it took previously.

Happy Simming

Message 5 of 5 (487 Views)
sims-four-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help