Kill the high winds already

by Weyland4k

Original Post

Re: Kill the high winds already

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

@ELF014Because it’s not an easy system to implement without hurting other parts of the game and eats up a lot of resources. I have seen exactly this feature in other games that it didn’t ship with on a more dedicated engine for it and it’s extremely buggy. It’s a waste of resources when other more important things could be there in its place.

Message 11 of 17 (494 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@-Roasted513- wrote:
@PalomaMarvel24i complain that that WIND ISNT accurate, theres a difference.....
That's always been the problem though since early Tiger Woods games, the wind never worked right. If they can’t get it right after 20 years, you think it’ll ever happen? Got to be realistic.

@-Roasted513- wrote:
@ELF014that would be beautiful, there was an old tiger game that did just that....

And it performed poorly.

Message 12 of 17 (493 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@Weyland4k wrote:

@ELF014Because it’s not an easy system to implement without hurting other parts of the game and eats up a lot of resources. I have seen exactly this feature in other games that it didn’t ship with on a more dedicated engine for it and it’s extremely buggy. It’s a waste of resources when other more important things could be there in its place.

Gonna disagree.   Very easy to implement, especially if you’re just grabbing local wind speeds and inputting into the game.  Very minimal number of code lines to do that. 
Now  if you wanted to get fancy and have direction correct for every hole, that’d be a tiny bit more complex, but still not something that’s gonna “eat up a lot of resources”.

Message 13 of 17 (452 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@7AnimalMother doesn’t matter how many lines of code, that right there shows you don’t know what you’re talking about. The script I used for this exact use had minimal lines of code on an engine more designed to handle it than Frostbite and it worked poorly. EA historically can’t code wind properly, that’s historical facts. To argue that is willful ignorance and just trolling.
Message 14 of 17 (395 Views)

★★★ Pro

Got to say I'm fed up too, it seems we had 10 to 15mph wind on every free daily tournaments for the last 2 weeks. And we're getting the same crap on the weekly Arcade and Pro tournaments this week too.

Message 15 of 17 (225 Views)

★★★ Pro

@Katybee_1313 wrote:

Got to say I'm fed up too, it seems we had 10 to 15mph wind on every free daily tournaments for the last 2 weeks. And we're getting the same crap on the weekly Arcade and Pro tournaments this week too.

I am seeing the game being abandoned since the 10 to 15mph has stayed on for two weeks. Looks like the game is on autopilot. If this lasts longer than a month, this game is out with the old and College Football 25 is in with the new.

Message 16 of 17 (190 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

the problem with the wind it's not even close to being consistent, I'm sick of trying to use the wind and it doesn't affect the shot..... like hitting a towering PW (default 150-ish yards) with a 15mph wind behind the back and the ball only goes 158 or some stupid number short... then the same shot again with a 10mph wind behind your back and the ball goes 1853276 feet/yards long

Message 17 of 17 (140 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help