Is there a way to force the EA app open in offline mode?

by pulseIm

Original Post

Re: Is there a way to force the EA app open in offline mode?

★★★★★ Newbie

Please tell us how. I can't figure it out 

Message 61 of 81 (2,721 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

@EA_Leeuw wrote:
Hey @pulseIm,

No, the EA app unfortunately doesn't support offline play yet. However, the teams are aware of the feedback regarding this requested feature for the EA app.

Origin does support offline play, however. So if you/your girlfriend owns the game as a standalone copy or via EA Play (Pro), as long as it is not EA Play via Xbox Game Pass, it should be possible to use Origin and make use of offline play.

They will in no way imaginable concern themselves with what their customers want, as they set up their library-locking feature that can/will fully take access to your games away from you...

EA has proven to be consumer antagonistic, so your entire library is locked whenever you lose your internet which means you will not have access to the games you bought.

This is ironic as they spent so much in order to force the lawful acquisition of their titles by setting up a mandatory launcher that is custom-made to lock you out of your purchased games...

It is absolutely cheating the consumer base when you specifically set up a system that will 100% remove access to the game that was purchased, so in no possible way does any manager/exec hold any concern about the customer's access to their libraries, that has been proven by EA's deeds much more than their words...

As evidenced by their inaction for going on 2 years now... so my observation is that their concern is solely on selling goods that are not 100% reliable or accessible.

This has the undeniable effect of guaranteeing that I no longer willfully purchase access to goods offered by EA as long as this company exists, because why would I purchase games that I don't have 100% access to?

No, I'd rather not acquire anything published by this company, as there are far better companies than EA, so to EA: you're not the only game in town!

I can somewhat understand if this library-locking launcher was mandated from the start so one could have the proper info for purchasing decisions beforehand, as I would not have done so,

But I did indeed purchase their games before they decided to have a mandated library-locking feature, so now I have games that I will not be able to access after my purchase!

So I will no longer make that mistake ever again by giving any more of my money for trade with this company, as they made the sober and deliberate decision to only offer goods that are not 100% accessible!

Message 62 of 81 (2,284 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yep, I was also amazed to notice that I cannot access my games if I do not have internet connection. Even sh*tty Epic Launcher does have offline mode.  Luckily I haven't bought many games from Origin/EA app because this is absolute BS and they don't seem to be very keen to fix this considering this thread was started a while ago. I will certainly NOT buy any more games from this cr*ppy launcher.

Message 63 of 81 (2,098 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

In spite of missing out on the upcoming dragon age, my HDD will never again see another bait & switch game! As there are far better games and companies out there!

Message 64 of 81 (2,073 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Forcing the EA app into offline mode may vary based on the platform. Typically, you can disable network connections or enable airplane mode to simulate offline conditions. Consult the app's settings or support resources for specific instructions tailored to your device.

Message 65 of 81 (2,058 Views)

★★ Apprentice

You have to FIRST login, BEFORE you can go offline...

Simulating offline conditions won't mean jack-poo if you lose your Internet connection, which is quite common, as you are not guaranteed good service nation-wide, too many states cater to monopolistic ISPs, this ain't South Korea <=(They are reputed at having the best Internet)

Message 66 of 81 (2,049 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Indeed very strange that offline mode requires internet connection. Doesn't make any damn sense. Why would I want to go offline if I have working connection? It's just the opposite and I want to go offline mode when I don't have connection! What kind of muppets designed this.

Message 67 of 81 (2,010 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

July 2022 to December 2023 and still no progress on this.

Could've just left us with Origin.

I'm going to assume this issue won't be resolved until EA releases a new app.

This nonsense is forcing me to do things I stopped doing years ago just to play my legitimately owned games.

Thanks EA, you continue to impress with the marvelous job you're doing. Even Ubisoft Connect has a functioning start offline feature.

Message 68 of 81 (1,939 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@Sejian wrote:

~Snip~

I'm going to assume this issue won't be resolved until EA releases a new app.

I for one, hope you are proven correct, but my cynicism for this consumer-antagonistic company says otherwise… They will only change when they have been bought out by a better company, as they are the extreme polar opposite of Larian Studios! ⇐ Wouldn't it be great if they were bought out by either Larian or CDPR?

Message 69 of 81 (1,866 Views)

★★ Novice

That wouldn't really happen because as bad as EA can be when it come to its actions towards its customers, ever since it moved out from being within the development field and, instead, primarily focus on publishing strategies, it been running on a relatively constant flow of cash.

Unlike CDPR or Larian, EA. itself, is not dibbling much in the actual development of their product, but instead pays sub-contracting company into doing it 99.90% of the time and that allows it to mitigate the risks when it comes to development cost.

To give you an example, if CDPR or Larian are in-between 2 projects, they still got to pay their devs employees regardless of whatever is produced. If those cut off some HR, they might regrets it later when they might need said HR back hence a development company, in the video game industry, is like a company that is constantly bleeding money and gets an infusion whenever they release something.

EA has been mostly cut off from that part of the industry as while it's paying active companies who are working on current  project for them, it don't have to bleed any money in down time because whoever is hired is not hired by EA, but by the sub-contracted company. Once a project is done, as per the established contract, EA can cut ties with the company until a new contract is established. Many times, when an spoke person from EA mention a "teams", it's actually a team composed of a few managers that communicate with a sub-contracting company.

That's also the reason why EA seems so disconnected and slow in updating its own stuff as, often, it doesn't actually do it itself. Even adding 1 thing to its App might required it to push out some contract proposition, wait for a positive reply from companies, select the best option and then have that selected company work on the app which can then involves months of works for that company to understand how another worked on the app prior. That's without considering the potential issues that may come up when 2 different companies has to work together on 2 features on the same app at the same time.

Message 70 of 81 (1,512 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help