F1 24 handling

by shazzalady13

Original Post

F1® 24 [Megathread] Handling Feedback after patch v1.6

Community Manager

Hi everyone,

our newest patch v1.6 just released yesterday that included some further changes to the handling.

Most notable:

• Rebalanced the Medium Traction Control setting
  • When driving over kerbs, cars will now be more unsettled, with sausage kerbs in particular having a greater impact on vehicle stability 
  • Having a very high amount of Engine Braking is now less likely to cause the player to lock up their brakes
  • AI are now less likely to lock up when using a low amount of pressure on their brakes
  • Tyre pressure adjustments will now have more of an effect on tyre grip and heat

You can find the full list of changes in the patch notes here:
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Updates-News/F1-24-PATCH-NOTES-V1-6/m-p/13845918#M8

Please use this megathread to share your thoughts and additional feedback after the recent patch but keep it handling related or use our Patch 1.6 Discussion Thread

We appreciate your input, and thank you for all your passion!

Happy racing!

Vendcera.png

Message 1 of 79 (2,333 Views)

F1 24 handling

★★★★ Novice

I know a lot of people said they didn’t like the handling before but it is even worse now than it was before the v1.6 update even the handling when I’m nowhere near the curbs is horrific

This is on Xbox series X

Message 2 of 79 (1,525 Views)

Re: F1® 24 [Megathread] Handling Feedback after patch 1.3

★ Apprentice

I don't know what problem you have with the game either. I drive online on the Playstation 5 platform and have no problems described here. You just have to learn to drive these cars.

Message 3 of 79 (2,118 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@Techstyler81 I agree, to an extent.  Sure, there's always the adjustment period of a new handling model.  But there are other things to consider before you just start saying "skill issue" to other people.  Are you on controller?  Are you on a wheel?  Are you using TC assists?  If you're on a wheel/pedals, what brand are they?

This could be an issue in the core of the handling model, it could just be how the game is interacting with certain peripherals.  Maybe the game just needs more tweaking for MOZA hardware.  Maybe the game is just optimized for controllers. I don't know.  But when a game has absolutely zero RPM response until 40% throttle, there's a problem (even if it's only for a handful of users).

I've put about 70 hours into the new handling model, and sure, I can make it work.  But I've tested F1 22, F1 23, AC, ACC, LMU, RF2, RR, and AMS2, and absolutely none of them have this issue.

Message 4 of 79 (2,069 Views)

★ Apprentice
@GrumpsMcDumps Mein Setup: Trustmaster Wheelbase T-GT2 Ferrari SF1000 Wheel Trustmaster T-LCM Pedalen. Traktion Mittel Abs aus.
Message 5 of 79 (1,902 Views)

Re: F1® 24 [Megathread] Handling Feedback after patch v1.6

★★★★ Novice

did you forgot to actually roll out this patch? because there is no change. 

Message 6 of 79 (1,784 Views)

★★★ Guide

I honestly have no idea why they have to keep changing the handling model every year when it's within the same regulations? Once a real life regulation change is applied then yes by all means change the handling accordingly.

They have made a complete and utter hash of this year's handling model. Along with the absolute shambolic AI!

EA, you'd be much better off improving the things we all have been asking for instead of allocating hours and hours to change a handling model within the same year on year regulations.

Small tweaks is all that is needed until a full blown regulation change.

Improve the game more instead! 

Message 7 of 79 (1,775 Views)

Betreff: F1® 24 [Megathread] Handling Feedback after patch v1.6

★★★★ Novice
So I drive on the PC with a controller and would like to set the traction control to medium and drive with manual transmission. Unfortunately no chance as the car always skids in low gears. Shame, I wanted to develop myself a bit further. I'm not too stupid to drive either, I'm in 121st place in the Alonso challenge, so top 3 percent. I think I could do a bit better. Unfortunately I can't get higher than 80 percent with the AI ​​either. I have the feeling that the traction control slows me down a lot in the corners. Something could be improved so that you have a small chance against drivers with steering wheels. Unfortunately I don't have enough space for half a car in my living room.
Message 8 of 79 (1,736 Views)

★ Guide

the handling still feels like more front grip still a bit twchy... also no REAR grip at all... higher traction power says it all the car just goo all over the place.... still 20 rear and 38 front downforce is working... you need to work also on rear high speed medium speed and low but not sure in low speed

Message 9 of 79 (1,724 Views)

★ Guide
@homesvslupin yeah i felt that too in controller 30-40% throttle still feels like it weak no power
Message 10 of 79 (1,724 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help