Evian

by Wildesie

Original Post

Evian

★ Guide

Wolf Creek was bad enough yesterday, but Evian takes the cake. Absolutely worst greens in the game, some cup physics are brutal. Even 2 foot putt is an adventure and suggested putting lines makes it even worse.

Message 1 of 7 (344 Views)

Re: Evian

★★★ Pro

Oh yeah, no putting line can be trusted there. Putts are moving all over the place for whatever reasons.  On the par 3 hole today, ball was going straight to the middle of the hole, stop like it was in the hole but instead was just on the left lip for... reason? Never saw that cup physic in the game before this morning.

Message 2 of 7 (325 Views)

★ Apprentice

They should fix or take down Wolf Creek, Evian, and Torrey Pines because of the greens.

You need to be on hallucinating drugs to be able to play on them properly. 

Message 3 of 7 (282 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@Aprilbeforemay people have been complaining about these courses for some time now, and -EA- just seems to not care...
Message 4 of 7 (273 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

@Aprilbeforemay wrote:

They should fix or take down Wolf Creek, Evian, and Torrey Pines because of the greens.

You need to be on hallucinating drugs to be able to play on them properly. 

I agree with most. It might be better just to keep Wolf Creek, Evian and Torrey Pines for the single player quick play mode only. Since these courses are broken, they should not be used in the tournaments and multiplayer modes especially with 15+ mph winds.

Message 5 of 7 (243 Views)

★★★ Pro

Those 3 courses are okay in career mode, there are plenty of room to make up for all those times you feel cheated. It's when it comes to tournaments where it's becoming frustrating. I will play free tournaments on those courses, but that's it. Sometimes I think EA is just getting those courses in tournaments to force users to put up a score, play it numerous times as they feel cheated every 3 or 4 putts. It shows a strong left to right, the putting line is even more left to right and ending beside the hole... you hit half the break because you don't believe it and it's still going more straight and missing the putt left.  Evian is even worse, on arcade and pro.  I aimed at least 10 feet past the suggested assisted aim on a long uphill putt and it will still come up way short. Totally broken.

Message 6 of 7 (232 Views)

★★★ Pro

In career mode, players can still earn coins in Cardi Creek (aka Wolf Creek), Never-ian (aka Evian), and Missey Pines (aka Torrey Pines) if objectives are met; losing the 3 or 4 putts will not make a difference. For tournaments, missing those 3 or 4 putts in those 3 courses can make difference from going from top ranked to not ranked.

Message 7 of 7 (182 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help