Does anybody know what happens when you report a player

by DRudd13

Original Post

Does anybody know what happens when you report a player

★★★★ Guide

Does anybody know what happens when you report a player from the Race director screen?

Does the race director screen get sent to EA/Codemasters?

Just seen someone take out nearly half a lobby before he was taken out.

Message 1 of 14 (494 Views)

Re: Does anybody know what happens when you report a player

★★★★★ Expert

Nothing 🤷🏻‍♂️

Message 2 of 14 (476 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@DRudd13 Unfortunately probably not much, I can't speak for CM/EA's exact process but generally it would go something like this.

As is the case with most games a player usually needs to accrue a large number of reports over a fairly short period of time before developers will investigate or take action. The reason for this is to avoid "false positives" so to speak.

Example: My dog jumps into my lap while I'm racing wheel to wheel with you so I crash into you, so you report me. Annoying? Yes! But do I really deserve to be punished? No!

Example 2: You and I have a clean race, but you beat me fair and square. Sadly, I was already having a bad day, so I report you for cheating because it makes me feel better about myself.

TLDR: one or two reports will barely even register in the system, there generally needs to be a clear pattern of repetitive cheating, griefing, abusive behavior, etc. and then the system flags the player to be reviewed by a game admin for potential corrective action.

- Is my answer helpful? Please grant + XP
- If my post solved your problem. Please Accept as Solution

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 3 of 14 (470 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@TheRagebeard I know in most games it would take numerous reports to have any action taken. And I agree with both of your examples.
But if they received the end of race, race director, and it showed what I saw last night it would only take 1 report.

There were 20 in the lobby to start off. Only 6/7 finished and for 7/8 of the DNF's the race director read like this

Player A gets a warning for causing a collision to player B
Player B retires with terminal damage
Player A gets a warning for causing a collision to player C
Player C retires with terminal damage

And so on and so on to player I

So EA would clearly see that it wasn't a 1 off or a player just not liking someone for beating them.
I don't think many people even know you can report players via the race director screen. But it could act as a deterrent and make these dirty drivers think twice before causing carnage.

Maybe the Community manager could review the race director of the reported incidents every Friday and lets say they decide that a player does look suspicious with their actions

!st offence could be an in game email with a warning
2nd offence demotion by a level
3rd offence demotion by a division
4th offence, a week's ban
5th offence 2 weeks ban

It may make ranked a better place to race.
Message 4 of 14 (456 Views)

★ Guide
@DRudd13 I got taken out in that race. Someone must have did a jump start and rammed the car behind me into me. I didn't even make it past the first turn. Fun fun and there went like 40 points. That killed my mood and I was done playing.
Message 5 of 14 (439 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@SirusVR I did see you in a couple of lobbies last night, and that one was utter carnage. It turned out to be my last race of the night also.

I hope they get points deducted for every warning for causing a collision as well as exceeding track limits.
Message 6 of 14 (403 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Until collision detection works properly then basically this is all null and void.

Look in your race director after a race and see which way the collisions go (who hit who).

Message 7 of 14 (359 Views)

★★★★ Guide
That is a good & fair point @SteveJackson, but I wouldn't say it makes it null and void.

If you're a clean racer, over a 25% race it may detect you caused a collision once or twice even if it wasn't your fault if you are unlucky. Three times if you're really unlucky. But 4+ and you have got to start looking into that racer, as being a dirty driver.
Message 8 of 14 (310 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@DRudd13 wrote:
That is a good & fair point @SteveJackson, but I wouldn't say it makes it null and void.

If you're a clean racer, over a 25% race it may detect you caused a collision once or twice even if it wasn't your fault if you are unlucky. Three times if you're really unlucky. But 4+ and you have got to start looking into that racer, as being a dirty driver.

If it can be wrong once, it can be wrong every single time.

Plus, these need to be platform infringements to really stop players playing. Stuff like VAC bans are because they're circumventing fair playing fields, not by the tactics they employ, that's a whole different ball game. Because a poor player looks just like a bad one. It's a PEGI 3 game. And it's got bigger issues. Angel

Message 9 of 14 (297 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@SteveJackson Yes it can be wrong every time, but what I'm saying is a clean racer won't be involved in that many collisions in a race.

I don't want to stop anybody playing, that's why a ban would take 4 weeks of complaints before it came in. Let's say they get a warning, if after the warning they go two weeks without a report against them that doesn't deserve another punishment. Then the warning is even wiped.

I know it's got bigger issues, but there are a lot of threads complaining about dirty drivers, and I'm just trying to find a solution to that issue.
Message 10 of 14 (293 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help