Can I own/activate two versions of the same game?

by nickodium

Original Post

Can I own/activate two versions of the same game?

★★★ Novice

I own a region locked version of Dragon Age Inquisition on my account. It is locked for Eastern Europe due to my location at the time and has only Russian and Polish language support.

I recently bought a non-region locked version off Steam (US). Can I activate this version of the game with my account? Will that present any issues because I already own a region locked version? Do I need a separate EA account?

Message 1 of 5 (180 Views)

Re: Can I own/activate two versions of the same game?

Community Manager

Hey there,

Once you install the Steam version of the game it should have a different installation folder so it shouldn't conflict with your current version owned on your EA Account. 

EA_CuervoAHQ

Message 2 of 5 (157 Views)

★★★ Novice

I see. But it says on steam that it includes EA online activation and requires an EA account. Seeing as I already own a copy of the game on my EA account, would it be an issue if I activate this copy using the same account?

Message 3 of 5 (152 Views)

Community Manager

It does require you to link your Steam to your EA Account. It shouldn't cause any conflicts having the same game on both platforms, however, you can create a new EA Account if you wish and link your Steam account there. 

EA_CuervoAHQ

Message 4 of 5 (147 Views)

★★★ Novice

I read online that having two versions of a game on the same account can overwrite one of the versions or make one inaccessible through EA app. I assume in this case that is no longer true?

Message 5 of 5 (132 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help