Won't be coming to PC

by jimmarshall

Original Post

Re: Won't be coming to PC

★★ Guide

@EA_Aljo wrote:

@younever_know8 

We hadn't released a PGA version in a few years so they could build the game to support PC from the beginning. We really can't sacrifice the console version of NHL to port it to PC. Putting the console game on hold while a less popular PC version is built would not be a wise decision.

That's curious. There hasn't been a UFC release in years either but it seems past-gen consoles were dropped while PC is still not going to be supported.

At least judging by the beta registration page: UFC 5 - EA SPORTS - Closed Beta Registration

Message 51 of 159 (1,002 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@younever_know8 This whole thread is too funny, you all could have played NHL on PS4 10 years ago...and now you all gonna whine for the whole new generation AGAIN Standard smile) just bite the bullet, swallow your pride an buy the damn console lol
Message 52 of 159 (921 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@Interchangeabl3 wrote:
@EA_AljoWhere do you get these statistics from, that there "isn't enough players interested in sim-style hockey game"? I think that there is many users here whom would like to know that. I know you can not share private information but some statistics / numbers would be fantastic to know.

Football Manager for football, a sim-style football game came out of nowhere, from few thousands of active users to couple of ten thousands in just matter of years. Spreadsheet type of football manager-ing was a strange game for me to play when I was way younger, but now as an grown adult it fascinates me. Sim-style games have grown so much in past few years and just looking at the reddit posts about asking NHL for PC is enormous.

Tape-to-tape just came this year, on may. Not NHL licensed.

What about a hockey game made by EA that isn't NHL licensed? I think that area of interested players would be way lower than licensed.

EA, the biggest game company known to man thinks that NHL isn't profitable for PC - well why then there is PGA Tour purchaseable for PC? They have around 150-300 active users per day - bet that number would be way higher for NHL.

I live in Finland where that demand is pretty big for NHL port to PC. I get that hockey isn't that popular sport like football (which is my main sport) but still. Most of my friends plays or have played NHL in their younger era and most of them still wonder why there is.no.NHL.for.PC.

We need one. Make one. Community is asking for it. Make the good deed that EA fans want. Okay, the game is not profitable by your stats? Maybe port the game to PC just for the good old reputation +.

theres hardley a market for nhl on console let alone pc. just look at nhls tv ratings compared to every other sport, including college leagues . its a minor fraction. hockey more so nhl is a niche spprt for a niche audiance. 

Message 53 of 159 (895 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@kezz123 

Once NHL ports to solely Series and PS5 in I'm assuming NHL 25, there's gonna be a window where people won't be buying at all because of this.

This would be a great time to add a PC version. I'd be one of those +1 sales.

Message 54 of 159 (835 Views)

Champion

All they really have to do is add HUT and WoC.  Charge like $40usd and see how it does.  Modes they could make continuous money off of and would have a solid playerbase to work with.  We all know the offline community would just edit files and such for the offline modes thus making it not worthwhile to release new versions each year.  But with the resets of HUT and WoC stuff they can push it forward each year.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 55 of 159 (826 Views)

NHL for PC

★★★ Novice

I'm just curious as to why EA does not have the NHL franchise available for PC?

Message 56 of 159 (805 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

if anyone has 700 bucks sitting around not doing anything can they buy me a Xbox S/X to play NHL since I have a PC AND IT'S LIGHTYEARS AHEAD OF THOSE OVERPRICED CONSOLES? thank you and enjoy the remainder of your day.

Message 57 of 159 (730 Views)

Re: NHL for PC

Champion
@theJDstandard Because they have their reasons and you will NOT get a direct answer so no point in asking. They know people want the game on PC they see it every time they tweet. Just because they know doesn't mean it will happen.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 58 of 159 (779 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@theJDstandard it's just a guess...if they released on PC the community would make this game so fantastic by creating tons of mods without respecting any license rights. I guess this would be EA's biggest fear. Second, I guess, they just want to focus more and more on online gaming on consoles. HUT online is the money machine😉

Message 59 of 159 (750 Views)

★★ Pro
@darkryd3r Could be my words :-) The most players would have identical faces and also this black silhouettes without headshot pics would be past.
Message 60 of 159 (745 Views)

nhl-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help