NHL 24 Gameplay Tuner Updates - May 23rd, 2024

by clappy_NHL

Original Post

Re: NHL 24 Gameplay Tuner Updates - May 23rd, 2024

★ Apprentice

@CorrosiveJake wrote:

@FourZeroVI wrote:

@CorrosiveJake wrote:

Is Off The Rush x factor still bugged? It's supposed to act as the slap shot equivalent to Make it Snappy but it only activates one time after you enter the zone, once you take a shot it won't activate again for subsequent shots. Nor will it activate if you skate around/cycle in the offensive zone a bit while before shooting while Make it Snappy does.

I think you misinterpret the ability, the equivalent to make it snappy for slaps would be thunder clap, off the rush because the multiplier is so much higher so you only get 1 slap, if you would like it to be for every slap, use thunder clap instead, less % boost, but activates on all slappers

I have not. The ability description for Make It Snappy and Off The Rush are the exact same except for where it says Snap Shots and Slap Shots respectively. Thunderclap and Heatseeker are the equivalent of each other, both requiring to be from distance when taking the shot.

If they want more people to use these abilities they have to fixed the bugs associated with them. First off by making Off The Rush work like Make it Snappy but just with Slap Shots.

Ok, fair assessment. But also at this point we know the descriptions have not been what the actual abilities do unfortunately. That would be the appropriate fix. Being more specific and open about abilities and what they do AND by how much...

Message 11 of 116 (809 Views)

Champion
@MTinman88 It's because there isn't anything wrong with it. They have straight said it is meant to be that way.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 12 of 116 (809 Views)

@Tigidooh wrote:

I dont get the point of the reduced last minute.
A period is 20 minutes at the same speed from the first seconde to the last. If you make the last minute slower or doubled in time...then it turn a 20 minutes period in a 21-22 minutes period if we consider the last minute taking the equivalent of a 2-3 minutes regular in-game speed.
So we're not really playing 20 minutes period anymore.
If you couldnt score in the 19 first minutes...why should it be slowed down to give extra chances to the losing team?......What about the winning team, dont they deserve the game to keep on the same timer speed to preserve their lead?

Message 13 of 116 (746 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Has this gone live yet? Upon logging in I did not receive any sort of notification of update.

Message 14 of 116 (672 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@Big_E_Bronco50 

Yes. It should be live. You should see a notice that a gameplay update was downloaded. If no, restart NHL 24 to see if it shows up.

Edit: I was in HUT when the update released. Exited to the main menu and then back into HUT and the update notice showed.

Aljo.png
Message 15 of 116 (665 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I appreciate the shnipe love! Can we please get it as a gold next year? I don't really get why a super easy to trigger perk like snappy is a gold but a more technical one like shnipe isn't.

Message 16 of 116 (608 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Do you use certain sliders? I can’t seem to have any close games and I’m playing on Hall of fame it’s a blow out regardless of who is winning me or the AI

Message 17 of 116 (595 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@AubekovNo I need to know how an ability gets increased **150** % !?!? Isn't the scale 0-100, what was the number before that it needed to get multiplied 2.5 times?

Message 18 of 116 (577 Views)

★ Guide

@Tigidooh wrote:

I dont get the point of the reduced last minute.
A period is 20 minutes at the same speed from the first seconde to the last. If you make the last minute slower or doubled in time...then it turn a 20 minutes period in a 21-22 minutes period if we consider the last minute taking the equivalent of a 2-3 minutes regular in-game speed.
So we're not really playing 20 minutes period anymore.
If you couldnt score in the 19 first minutes...why should it be slowed down to give extra chances to the losing team?......What about the winning team, dont they deserve the game to keep on the same timer speed to preserve their lead?

Hard disagree.The final minute of the third is more fun with the full minute being slow.

Message 19 of 116 (563 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@RatedxPGxEnigma wrote:

@AubekovNo I need to know how an ability gets increased **150** % !?!? Isn't the scale 0-100, what was the number before that it needed to get multiplied 2.5 times?

The bonus increased that much... not the entire thing. 😔

Message 20 of 116 (560 Views)

nhl-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help