For Rent Residential Rental Lots Corrupt/ make saves unusable.

by Pathesis

Original Post

For Rent Residential Rental Lots Corrupt/ make saves unusable.

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I pre-ordered TS4 For Rent expansion and I'm seriously irritated I still can't enjoy the pack I purchased. With mods, Or without mods this expansion just breaks my game making it unplayable and it's so irritating. I've played without mods, I've made an entire new EA folder, I've cleared my cache, I've uninstalled everything and reinstalled, I've done literally everything under the sun and it still breaks my game. 

THE ONLY WAY I CAN POSSIBLY PLAY TS4 UNBROKEN IS TO DISABLE TO PACK ENTIRLEY. 
It makes me so angry that small bugs get fixed while major ones like this are put on the back burner, If a bug makes a pack UNPLAYABLE that should be prioritized. I feel like I wasted apart of my paycheck. 

The expansion was 40$ and it's been 7 months since release ( counting this month ). 
Even if I don't play on a residential rental eventually lots star bugging and TURN INTO Residential Rentals, I could load into a bar and BAM it's loaded as a Residential rental slowly over time if I continue to play on the save things just don't work properly and I crash OFTEN, yes this even happens on new saves.

I cannot express this is with NO MODS & NO CC. 

I just want to be able to use a pack I paid for, if my game works fine without For Rent for literally months but the moment I enable For Rent and start a new save and everything starts breaking. For Rent is the problem.

Message 1 of 4 (274 Views)

Re: For Rent Residential Rental Lots Corrupt/ make saves unusable.

★★★ Apprentice

I've had to restart my save many times, and I'm ready to stop playing until they fix rentals. It's sad because this game is my escape from things in life. I've had the 102 error code multiple times; I had the bug where your lots start corrupting when you use the cheat code for more than six rentals. I couldn't evict tenants when I downloaded the pack because I kept getting a last exception with/without mods. I'm sure the pack doesn't even run properly on my save because I started randomly getting notifications about my rental, and every single rental lot has corrupted twice on my save (twice because I had to go back to a point where they weren't corrupt the first time). I think I've used my backup saves and recovered my saves at least ten times at this point, and I literally have so many backups at this point because of all the times I've had to go back. It's ultra frustrating Devil

Message 2 of 4 (161 Views)

★★ Novice

Me too. Help!!

Message 3 of 4 (156 Views)

★ Novice

I thought my problem was mods, but it's literally just the existence of rental lots in my saves that causes corruption. I had been working on a custom save file for a year and lost it because it became corrupted. I saved a copy in case it's ever fixed, but it's insane to pay $40 for a pack that breaks the game and is unusable. 

Message 4 of 4 (74 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help