Madden 24 Coach Mode is a JOKE, and EA doesn't care

by Phate131

Original Post

Madden 24 Coach Mode is a JOKE, and EA doesn't care

★ Novice

Ok, so you've got a Coach Mode for a game. The idea is great, make the cuts, free agent trades, upgrade players to fit team needs, game schemes... All great..

So how is it I can't even play ONE preseason game as a COACH. If I choose a run play, sure, that one works. QB snaps, hands it off and the play goes off like it should.

But then we get to your QB pass mechanics.  Every snap, the QB stands there WAITING FOR INPUT. This 100% destroys the idea of a Coach Mode. I want to call the play, snap it and sit back and watch...kind of like a Head Coach, maybe? The QB stands still until he is sacked or I push a button to make him throw. I have Full Field Control OFF, which should mean what for a Coach?? I definitely wouldn't say to have to run around and throw the ball. Now the success of my team isn't reliant on my play calling or staffing choices, it's now as a coach AND a QB.

I've played EA since PS1. I genuinely don't understand how YEAR after YEAR this doesn't change. It's nothing more than doing the EXACT same thing as a player franchise just with a picture of an old dude, more between game tasks, and even MORE frustration with the game itself.

You're all professional programmers, and seem to take no pride int he product you release. You get your annual "new" release checks, and then just forget the game.  You make novel changes to things which USUALLY mess something else up, and at the same time almost never addressing the problems people bring to you.

Only way you guys will EVER make any changes is if it affects your wallet. Sure, you're a business and that's the goal, but seems like releasing a good product should be part of that. But hey, you got a monopoly on the sports games market, so what do you care? People want sports game, and you're going to exploit that with sub-par products knowing people don't have other options. 

Fix the freaking modes. 

Message 1 of 3 (839 Views)

Re: Madden 24 Coach Mode is a JOKE, and EA doesn't care

★ Novice

Amen! All I ever play is franchise coach mode but due to not being able to pass the ball is crazy. I have given up on Madden 24 and going back to Madden 23 so I can at least pass the ball in coach mode.

Message 2 of 3 (794 Views)

Re: Madden 24 Coach Mode is a JOKE, and EA doesn't care

★ Apprentice

I would agree it sucks . You can try (in coach mode ) before snap switch to a o lineman and just block and the qb will throw the ball . Unfortunately his top target will be the slot wr or a te then check down . It’s not ideal but it has worked for me and is the closest thing to coach mode you can get other then the simming each play which is stupid if you want a coach mode franchise or not picking a team at controller select at beginning of a game and sitting back and watching and there you CANT pick the plays which also sucks .  So best advice for watching  is go through your offensive playbook and change the playbook to what you want to do more like heavy passing and the qb will attempt more passes to your outside wrs . But yeah still not what most are looking for in a coach mode . But like I said you can pick the play then switch to a o lineman and just block , and if you get good at blocking you can blow up some guys on the dline and get allot of pancakes . It’s not bad as for a coach mode . Hope this helps . I have tried several different scenarios and this was the closer to a coach mode for offensive plays . 

Message 3 of 3 (738 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help