Hacker steals EA Play access from Microsoft Game Pass via Linking

by tridan

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Hacker steals EA Play access from Microsoft Game Pass via Linking

★★★★ Novice

So beside searching for a chat that will resolve your issue another issue is a vulnerability within EA. That has something to do with PC Game Pass.

So, if you ever find yourself in a situation where you got yourself PC Game Pass and so happen to want to play an EA Play Title via Game Pass access and upon launching it, it signs you into an EA Play account that is not your own. I noticed so after I didn't recognize the name in game, and I didn't like it. Upon clicking on my profile in EA Play and clicking on account settings it opened up my web browser with the account details page of the account I was signed into on my EA Play App, and I saw an email that was not my own as well as a number. Keep in mind I was almost to about to make transactions in this game. I saw that the email used was a yahoo email which is something I never used and nor will I have use for email, I'd rather use Gmail, always.

Anyway after 4 chats only then could I get the account removed from my Microsoft Account. The 3 chats wanted me to verify that the account I didn't know was my account (I know it makes no sense, I didn't know the EA account, but they wanted me to prove it was mine so that they could unlink it from my Microsoft Account). At least it got removed on the 4th chat of EA Support.

So, then I proceeded to Play the game again and then I had to link an EA Account or create one. I linked my own EA Account that I have been using for years. After doing so and signing out again the Play in Xbox App went from Play to Install. After clicking on Install it signs me into EA Play Automatically but this time with my EA Account that I know but then gives the message "Your membership has expired" with options to renew or cancel.

My take is that my EA Play subscription that I got from my Game Pass was stolen and linked to the EA Account I couldn't recognize as my own. So now I don't even know if I can get EA Play through Game Pass ever again. I tried Microsoft Support and EA Support. Microsoft Support says there's an outage with Game Pass and EA Support just shares a forum of people having my issue and says I should look there until its solved. 

I now have to create a new Microsoft Account and EA Play account. I used my Microsoft Account for 10+ years.

Message 1 of 2 (242 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Hacker steals EA Play access from Microsoft Game Pass via Linking

Community Manager

Hello there,

I'm really sorry to hear you're having trouble playing your games. I understand it might be frustrating having to contact Support multiple times to solve your issue. 

I would like to clarify that in order to link a Microsoft Account to an EA Account it's necessary to have access to both accounts. If your Microsoft Account was linked to an EA Account that you do not recognize, I would make sure to change the security details of that account to avoid any further issues. Also, it's not possible to move an EA Play subscription from one account to another. If the subscription was purchased on your Xbox, it will be tied to your Xbox account. If the subscription was purchased on PC through EA App, it will be tied to your EA Account. 

To improve account security you can always turn on Login Verification: How to turn on EA Login Verification

I will also leave here these two articles about account linking in case you may need them: 

Unlink your platform accounts from your EA Account

Linking your platform accounts to your EA Account

Should you need any further assistance, please let us know! 

EA_CuervoAHQ

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (171 Views)

All Replies

Re: Hacker steals EA Play access from Microsoft Game Pass via Linking

Community Manager

Hello there,

I'm really sorry to hear you're having trouble playing your games. I understand it might be frustrating having to contact Support multiple times to solve your issue. 

I would like to clarify that in order to link a Microsoft Account to an EA Account it's necessary to have access to both accounts. If your Microsoft Account was linked to an EA Account that you do not recognize, I would make sure to change the security details of that account to avoid any further issues. Also, it's not possible to move an EA Play subscription from one account to another. If the subscription was purchased on your Xbox, it will be tied to your Xbox account. If the subscription was purchased on PC through EA App, it will be tied to your EA Account. 

To improve account security you can always turn on Login Verification: How to turn on EA Login Verification

I will also leave here these two articles about account linking in case you may need them: 

Unlink your platform accounts from your EA Account

Linking your platform accounts to your EA Account

Should you need any further assistance, please let us know! 

EA_CuervoAHQ

Message 2 of 2 (172 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

Troubleshoot issues with EA Play

Get help with The Play List, your discount, DLC, and more.

Check here for answers.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help