[Steam] DAI unable to save game

by 01775AShepherd

Original Post

[Steam] DAI unable to save game

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hi! i was gifted DAI on steam and attempted to play it yesterday, however i am unable to save at all. ive not played any dragon age game before and ive no saves prior to this every time i try to save it tells me there is insufficient space yet ive plenty of space.. i have tried manually adding a save folder since none appeared to exist but that didn't work, neither did running it as admin either, is there any other options to fix this?

Message 1 of 5 (265 Views)

Re: DAI unable to save

@01775AShepherd 

This is probably a permission issue.
The path to the "Save" folder you created should be " "C:\Users\<Your User Name>\Documents\Bioware\Dragon Age Inquisition\Save.

is that correct?

If yes:

Press the Windows key and "X" at the same time > Click on "Command prompt (Administrator)", "PowerShell (Administrator)" or Terminal (Administrator).
(OS specific differences.)

• In the CMD, PowerShell or Terminal window, at the prompt copy and past:  takeown /f "xxxxxxxxxxxx" /r 
    (Replace the X with the full path to the "C:\Users\>your user name<\Documents" folder, the quotation marks need to stay in.)

• hit ENTER
    You should get a success message.

• Restart the PC > Test
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today - but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.
Isaac Asimov
Message 2 of 5 (248 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Tried that! didn't work sadly Frown

Message 3 of 5 (202 Views)

@01775AShepherd 

Is the path correct?

Right click the "Save" folder > properties > security > select each of the entries in the top half of the window > make sure the bottom half of the window has check marks under each row in the "Allow" column.

If that still don't works, provide screenshot of each entire selected in the top half of the window.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today - but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.
Isaac Asimov
Message 4 of 5 (169 Views)

Community Manager

Hey, @01775AShepherd  I wanted to follow up on this thread to see if you continue having issues with the game!

Cheers!

EA_ShepardAHQ

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 5 of 5 (120 Views)