Dragon Age Inquisition Won't Launch

by andresdecide

Original Post

Re: Dragon Age Inquisition Won't Launch

★★ Apprentice
@EA_Shepard Quick update on Safe Mode: Managed to make networking work by downgrading my ethernet driver. But the EA App fails to open and even trying to manually start the EA background service results in an error message saying that service cannot run in Safe Mode... Felt pointless to test safe mode then... In any case, the error while trying to open the EA app forced an update that apparently I didn't have earlier today. Tested again on normal boot (after cheking my app was updated) but nothing...

I also cleanly uninstalled Inquisition again using Revo and CCleaner later, didn't work. Repaired the game then, still the same result... No game launching...
Message 21 of 47 (617 Views)

@andresdecide 

Do you have other EA games that work?

Did you use Mods with DAI?

Move the "Dragon Age Inquisition" folder out of your "Documents\Bioware" folder. (Preferable to your Decktop) > Test.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today - but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.
Isaac Asimov
Message 22 of 47 (584 Views)

★★ Apprentice
Message 23 of 47 (546 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@holger1405 Sorry about the last reply, somehow it got published without writing anything... Yes, as I have explained before, I tested a bunch of EA games that work on the EA App with basically no issue, it's just Inquisition that doesn't launch.

I used mods on DAI 6 years ago or so. On this PC I haven't used any mods, they're all fresh installs with no mods or addons whatsoever...

The Dragon Age Inquisition folder that's supposed to be under "Documents/Bioware" does not exist. It's not there, the game never launched to create it. It does not exist, it isn't anywhere on the PC I have already searched for it...
Message 24 of 47 (538 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@holger1405 And I'd like to add that all of my EA games work EXCEPT when I try to open them after a failed DAI launch... If I first try to open Inquisition and it naturally fails, the issue is so pervasive that no other game will open (will instead stay on "preparing game" or "launching game" forever) until I restart the EA App... The EA app is restarted and then I can launch my games normally, but Inquisition will refuse to launch forever...
Message 25 of 47 (525 Views)

Community Manager

@andresdecide Can you log into EA.com and create a case on your account about this title for me? Need that before anyone can review the account itself.

As for the errors: EC 13, 483, 509, 10066, 1867, these are all related to network errors and not actual game errors. Not sure why DAI is the only issue but when I researched those errors, it was always unable to connect to a server in some way.

Are you able to connect the PC to a hotspot or a completely different internet connection? You can launch as normal, but as each of those errors is related to the network and not the game, I want to see if an entirely different network works.

EA_ShepardAHQ

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 26 of 47 (447 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@EA_Shepard Yes, I'd like to create a case, but don't know how. I can only find the chat option but the form always says "this page has timed out. Please refresh and try again"...

As for the errors, I probably should have written them all down. Most of the ones I reported here were abbreviated, like 10066 had another five numbers, I remembered those specific numbers because I googled the error codes I was getting and started abbreviating them when I realized there wasn't a single web page with the long error codes on them. The lastest error code I got was "EC:-2147456313" (Report ID 02a1eaa0-ea5a-4392-be47-f695a978caa3) and I've been getting negative numbers lately. I reported 90+% of them tho, if that helps, all with the same description so it might be easier to link to each other (unless they were all filtered as spam because of that lol).

A connection issue would make sense if that causes "ActivationUI" to do nothing and that in turn crashes the EA App so I can't launch any other game after the fact. But why would my internet connection (that's stable in all of my online games) fail 100% of the time on Inquisition and only Inquisition? Still, I will experiment with a different network and hotspots.

Since the last suggestion I have also checked and repared the installations of Visual C++ and .NET Framework, making sure I have all versions available. Just in case that's the thing that's failing. But my money is still on the activation process just failing...
Message 27 of 47 (418 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@EA_Shepard Update: I tried to open a case using different browsers, but when I don't get the time out error, I get booted to the home page of EA Help with no case recorded under "My Cases". I will keep trying... Also, I have tried using a hotspot and it still failed. Will keep trying more options...
Message 28 of 47 (404 Views)

@andresdecide 

Restarting the router, changing the region to English (if not already set this way), changing Browsers (to Edge if you use something different), disabling add-ons especially anti-script and ad-block software could help with the contact attempt.
If that alone don't works, you could try a different DNS, or to disable the windows firewall and your virus scanner for the contact attempt.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today - but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.
Isaac Asimov
Message 29 of 47 (375 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@holger1405 I have now used Chrome, Firefox and Edge, granted every single permission to the website, the region selected is United States, restarted the router and still after I hit "Send" the page goes back to the home section with no case opened... Could it be related to the "á" in my names? The fact that I'm not in the US but in South America?

I tried changing my name and country in the account, I even tried with Mexico, still no case is being opened and it feels wrong to lie like that...
Message 30 of 47 (357 Views)