by charl02xx

Original Post

[PS/XB] Cursor is missing

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? BASE: 1.85.6.3410
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cottage, growing together, high-school, romantic garden, snowy escape, werewolves, For Rent
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Look for cursor, unable to see it, game is also lagging more than usual
What happens when the bug occurs? Lags and cursor is invisible
What do you expect to see? A cursor
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Downloaded For Rent pack

I have just downloaded sims 4 university pack on PlayStation , I have 4 other packs, I’ve gone on to play and the cursor has disappeared. I’ve tried holding down the right stick , and coming back out, using the camera and using free cam mode but non of it will work , also restarted a few times , what can I do??

Message 1 of 5 (863 Views)

Cursor disappeared

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? BASE: 1.85.6.3410
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cottage, growing together, high-school, romantic garden, snowy escape, werewolves, For Rent
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Look for cursor, unable to see it, game is also lagging more than usual
What happens when the bug occurs? Lags and cursor is invisible
What do you expect to see? A cursor
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Downloaded For Rent pack

Downloaded for rent pack and cursor is invisible,  game is also slower than usual 

Message 2 of 5 (954 Views)

Cursor is missing

★★ Newbie

Was playing the game on my Xbox and it’s suddenly glitched and mad it looks as though I was inside my sims body and the head was missing. After hitting a few buttons I was able to get that back to normal but my cursor was no longer there, I have tried resetting the game, loading up different saves, but nothing fixes it. It’s been this way for months and I can’t play it. 

Message 3 of 5 (337 Views)

Re: Cursor is missing

Champion

@Christine22905 that sounds like you accidentally entered first person camera mode by clicking down on the right hand stick. To return to normal, you just need to click down on the right hand stick again. You should then be able to view your Sim again instead of viewing things as your Sim. It's a handy device for things like in game hiking and horse riding as you get a different perspective, but yes occasionally it looks like you are in the body of a headless Sim which can be quite disconcerting.

If your cursor vanishes in game, try pressing the button on your controller that looks like 2 overlapping squares (attached image) a few times and that usually brings the cursor back.

But if you can't play your game for this issue try clearing locally saved data from your console as a first step. Go to manage game and add-ons by selecting Sims 4 on your Xbox home screen with the button with 3 lines on it. On the Sims 4 screen, go to Saved Data. You'll see 2 sets of data. Pick the smallest set of data next to your gamertag and select delete from console only. Then load up your game immediately and it will do a data synch. After that you should find that your game is as it should be.

Hope this helps!

I don't work for EA. I'm a Volunteer.
+XP for helpful answers from fellow players.
Accept as Solution helps others find the answer.
Message 4 of 5 (311 Views)

cursor vanishing

★★★ Pro

my cursor disappears when i try to travel via phone xbox series x all packs installed 

Message 5 of 5 (55 Views)