by chauncy913

Original Post

[OPEN] [PS5] Graphics lowered after the Adjusting Graphics Screen Appears

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PlayStation 5
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.49
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All execpt Bust the Dust, Courtyard Oasis, Fashion Street, MFP, and Journey to Batuu.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I'm not sure. I seem to be the only one this is happening to after googling and posting on reddit.
What happens when the bug occurs? After I exit build mode I sometimes get a message saying my graphics are being adjusted and then some obects become low res.
What do you expect to see? I expect to be able to play normally. We can't even chage graphics settings on console so this shouldnt be happening.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

here is an image.

Edit by PoptartJuniper: Added Tag, Adjusted title.

Edit by Crinrict: Added tag, shorted title to fit

Message 1 of 18 (4,776 Views)

Re: Graphics keep getting lowered after exiting build mode

★ Guide

FEM9Eq2XsAA7MIS.jfif

here is the image

Message 2 of 18 (4,765 Views)

Re: Graphics keep getting lowered after exiting build mode

★ Guide

This is what happens after I get the message. Some of my items have gone blurry.

Message 3 of 18 (4,692 Views)

Graphics settings for sims 4

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PlayStation 5 Digital Edition
Which language are you playing the game in? Suomi
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.50
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Almost all
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? After notice: We chsnge graphic settings for sims 4, so you can enjoy the game better
What happens when the bug occurs? Graphics change so much worst, blur
What do you expect to see? Normal graphics
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Message 4 of 18 (4,617 Views)

Re: Graphics settings for sims 4

Hero (Retired)

@maaret73 I've merged your post into the current bug report for this issue. Please click the "Me Too" button at the bottom of the first post on the first page of the thread.

Message 5 of 18 (4,578 Views)

Re: [PS5] Graphics keep getting lowered after the Adjusting Graphics Screen Appe

★ Guide

I’ve been getting this message too and it seems to be happening more and more frequently. Been playing for 50 mins today and I’ve had the ‘adjusting graphics settings’ message 3 times. I’ve had to restart now as everything, except my sim, is super blurry 😒 l get crashing sometimes too . Really annoying. I’m playing on ps5 

Message 6 of 18 (4,429 Views)

Re: [PS5] Graphics keep getting lowered after the Adjusting Graphics Screen Appe

EA Staff

Hello All!

We would like to collect some more information in order to be able to reproduce it on our end,

1. Is the Issue happening after performing any specific steps/ putting a large number of build buy objects in the lot?
2. IS it happening while playing on any specific lot? if yes, would you mind sharing the lot you are seeing the issue with?

If there are any specific Steps you all are following when this issue occurs, please share with us.

Thanks!

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 7 of 18 (4,335 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

There's few reports maybe because it's just a little bit more blurry for most and people might not notice a change, but my graphics get so terrible right after that adjustement loading screen that I can't distinguish what's on posters, art, rugs etc... it's ridiculously blurred 100% of the time when they adjust, I wish they could just STOP doing that since my graphs are always clear and fine prior to the adjustment. This "adjustment" thingy is so useless and acually very damaging, I have to restart all of the time. Feels like "they" are pranking us bad! especially when you read : " we're adjusting so you can keep enjoying the game" like... nooooooo it turns my game into a big ugly smudgy blob lol! Pls devs make an option where we can opt out of the so-called graphic adjustment? Or deactivate it? Frown

Message 8 of 18 (4,127 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@SimGuruRitzyHi, you can check out my comment on here, but basically it happens mostly when in and out of build-mode or CAS or after any type of loading screen. It also sometimes happens randomly while playing anywhere just playing casually in the world, on any lot, private/public. Sometimes 2-3 times within 1 hour. It's really doing the opposite of what it's suppozed to do. Drastically, in my case. Gets terribly blurry. I wish I could opt out of the adjustment? I'm on ps4, no mods or cc. I have all the packs except high-school.

Message 9 of 18 (4,124 Views)

★ Guide

@chauncy913  happens to me too. Not just build mode though. When I exit. When I exit CAS. Sometimes when I travel. It doesn't happen all the time. Today it's ALL the time. Previously it seemed to just happen on occasion. Not sure what triggers it. Just seems odd. I am also on PS5. 

Message 10 of 18 (3,957 Views)