by MarcTheCanadian

Original Post

NHL24 PC (Series X|S Version) Failure to Accept Invite

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: NHL 24
Platform:Xbox Series X
What is your gamertag/PSN ID? CanadianMarc
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Open NHL 24 Series X|S On PC Cloud Gaming. 2. Navigate to the ONLINE modes. 3. Click on Online Versus mode. 4. Attempt to invite a friend using the LB button.
What happens when the bug occurs? Old UI: - Invite is sent. Upon accepting, error with cloud gaming joining: "Failure to accept game invite" (no other messages supplied). New UI: - Invite is sent. Upon accepting, nothing happens.
What do you expect to see? Expect to join the game, as it works in Xbox One version and it used to work prior to the cloud gaming update this week.
Was the issue in online or offline mode? Online
Insert Game Mode or Feature here Online Versus mode.
What time did you see the bug? (HH:MM AM/PM) 11:30 PM
What is your time zone? EST (IET) - GMT - 5:30
EASHL issues? Please insert your Club Region. Not applicable, however I am playing with the Canadian Xbox store if that is helpful.
What is your game language? English

This bug only occurs with the NHL 24 Xbox Series X | S version available for cloud gaming on PC. This bug started occurring after the release of the new Cloud Gaming UI this week, however previously the game would also not allow invites to be accepted through GameBar, you had to do it manually using your mouse and keyboard to accept invites. Seems to be working on Xbox One version, however the game is noticeably better running as the X | S version and having this fixed would be amazing since all my progression in other modes is on this version. 

Other thing to note* for some reason, this game does not appear when searching on Cloud Gaming in the XBOX Store inside the XBOX app, but it appears on the XBOX store on a browser.

Message 1 of 13 (356 Views)

Re: NHL24 PC (Series X|S Version) Failure to Accept Invite

★★★★ Novice

As a footnote, other than this error connecting to friends online, this game has been flawless on cloud gaming, and I thank you guys for having it on the cloud. It works fantastic and makes playing the game much more fun! 

Message 2 of 13 (352 Views)

Community Manager

Hey, @MarcTheCanadian 

Appreciate the reports you made. Like the other one, we could use a video of this. Could you get one for me? Thank you!

Aljo.png
Message 3 of 13 (329 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Sorry for the late reply. As you can see in the video, I frantically click on the play button, and it doesn't work Frowninvite no work Frown (youtube.com)

On the Xbox One version, it works as intended, the game puts you in the online versus lobby with the host. Please fix! Frown

Thanks!

Message 4 of 13 (206 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Can't get a video of the other one having an issue since I can no longer join multiplayer games on this version with this bug. Once this is fixed I'll send a video of the other bug.

Message 5 of 13 (204 Views)

Community Manager

@MarcTheCanadian 

Try rebooting on the cloud. What you need is the in-console guide instead of the browser guide. That should take care of both issues.

Aljo.png
Message 6 of 13 (195 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I reinstalled the Xbox app and now my friend can't send me invites, it doesn't work, I don't get them. When I send them to him, he gets this message (this is the old UI on the Xbox App) error (youtube.com). It works with the Xbox One version though.

Message 7 of 13 (192 Views)

Community Manager

@MarcTheCanadian 

You need to bring up the Xbox Guide menu and invite/receive the invite from there. Have you tried that?

Aljo.png
Message 8 of 13 (189 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yes, and it didn't work.

Message 9 of 13 (171 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I was having the same issue, use the xbox one version of the game instead, invite worked first try.

Message 10 of 13 (146 Views)

nhl-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help