Canceling Double Leg Takedown To Transition To Overunder Not Working

by Miracle_Man09

Original Post

Canceling Double Leg Takedown To Transition To Overunder Not Working

★★★ Newbie

Product: UFC 5
Platform:Xbox Series X
Summarize your bug When trying to perform a double leg takedown (LT+Y+B:Orthodox Stance) in offline career and practice mode I am unable to cancel the double leg takedown (Hold RT) so I can transition to the overunder position. This is required for some of the wrestling sparring challenges to be completed in offline career mode. I have watched several YouTube videos that are several months old on how to do this to see if I am doing something wrong, but still can't execute the transition to a overunder position. I did find a recent reddit post from someone stating they used to be able to do this no problem, but here recently they aren't able to cancel double leg takedowns anymore. I am not sure if this bug was introduced recently with one of the updates. I have only been playing 3-4 weeks so I have never seen this function work properly during my game play.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Using console Xbox Series X Go into a practice session, offline career mode sparring session, or offline fight and try and shoot a double leg takedown (LT+Y+B: Orthodox Stance) then cancel the double leg (Hold RT) to transition to a overunder position
What happens when the bug occurs? If my opponent is active they defend the takedown and my fighter into a single under position. If I am in a practice session and the AI isn't active my fighter will continue to drive my opponent to the cage and then they both sit against the cage in the double leg driving position.
What do you expect to see? I expect to be able to transition to a overunder position so I can complete the sparring challenges for the wrestling training so I can gain the evolution points in offline career mode. I expect this to also work in practice session and offline fights

When trying to perform a double leg takedown (LT+Y+B:Orthodox Stance) in offline career and practice mode I am unable to cancel the double leg takedown (Hold RT) so I can transition to the overunder position. This is required for some of the wrestling sparring challenges to be completed in offline career mode. I have watched several YouTube videos that are several months old on how to do this to see if I am doing something wrong, but still can't execute the transition to a overunder position. I did find a recent reddit post from someone stating they used to be able to do this no problem, but here recently they aren't able to cancel double leg takedowns anymore. I am not sure if this bug was introduced recently with one of the updates. I have only been playing 3-4 weeks so I have never seen this function work properly during my game play.

Message 1 of 3 (509 Views)

Re: Canceling Double Leg Takedown To Transition To Overunder Not Working

★★★★★ Apprentice

For some reason unknown to me they nerfed it so it requires a stamina advantage now. This means is it literaly impossible to do on a training dummy or the passive opponents in career mode as they don't spend any stamina.

Message 2 of 3 (433 Views)

Re: Canceling Double Leg Takedown To Transition To Overunder Not Working

★★★ Newbie

Thank you for the reply and explanation, that does make sense as to why the challenge can't be completed in training. That is fine that it was nerfed, but they should have had the foresight to adjust other parts of the game that is affected by nerfing canceling the takedown to get to a over-under position. With EA being as big of a company as they are I would expect them to have the quality control/assurance, and process in place to verify what area of the game will be affected by changes/updates. I understand bugs/coding mistakes happening, but this isn't a bug, this is just a miss of understanding how the change will impact multiple aspects of the game. This is either due to a lack of understand/recognizing what is required when playing the game or due to a lack of "give a dang" by EA. Like many other companies I am guessing EA is enforcing schedules/release dates that sacrifices quality for quantity or outsourcing much of their work and not verify the quality of work.. This is the first EA game I have played since Madden 21, I will say that UFC 5 seems to have less issues. Obviously graphics have come a long ways, but hopefully some day EA Sports will one day return to the game play quality / minimal issues they had when I was a kid. I know that I am not the first person and won't be the last person to voice this opinion. 

Message 3 of 3 (393 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help