Be A Pro

by 75b274c5d65dfaf9

Original Post

Be A Pro

★★★ Newbie

I haven't purchased an NHL game since the Skill Stick was introduced. It was too gimmicky and silly. So I waited until I heard from others that the new NHL felt more like actual skating.

I don't play any of those other modes - only Be A Pro. And it does feel like actual skating. The physics are phenomenal. Also, body checking feels like an actual 3D mass upon impact. Great!

Also, I like the icon passing.

That's it for the positive. Now for the negative.

Own Goals happen 1 or 2 times a season, not per week. That needs to go.

Every time my D tries to break it out, they inevitably hug the wall and run into a trap. This results in a turnover, and often a 2-man breakaway. Where is the other D man? This would never happen. If a D man gets into trouble, his 1st option is just to clear it off the glass or to pass to his D partner, who should be nearby.

Also, someone who actually plays hockey should teach you guys how to enter the attacking zone. I'll give you a hint: it's not by skating straight into the D and turning it over. It isn't attempting some stupid stick handle at the blue line, which forces everyone else offside. It is with speed. If the D won't let you in the middle, go wide. But go wide with speed.

Never once have I seen one of my AI teammates pull up along the half wall and look for trailer. Never once have I seen them dump & chase. Nope! Every time a 1-on-three and a turnover.

I think there needs to be a Team Page, a bulletin board which shows the goings on of my particular team. Was someone signed? Traded? Injured? Look it up on the team page. Also, a league-wide notice board, which would give every trade or signing of the season, ever suspension, etc.

And lastly, the contract situation is laughably bad and frustratingly brutal. As a free agent. I get 4 identical offers from teams I don't want to play for, each for 6 years! Could I negotiate down to one year or two years? Or go for the gusto and ask for 8!

No.

Could I wait it out and wait for other offers to come in during the off-season? 

No, I gotta choose from one of those identical offers & play for some team I hate for the next 6 years.

Super frustrating. Takes all the fun out of the experience.

Message 1 of 1 (585 Views)

nhl-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help