Legendary

Legendary

Exor Oct 3, 2012 @ 6:49pm
Falling under elevator?
Hello, I am having trouble with falling under elevator at this point: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERrSNElhqBI (6:20) in this video that elevator is the one that I kept falling under the elevator like glitch. I have retried it several times and still same. Any chance of fix or workaround?

Thanks
< >
Showing 1-15 of 21 comments
Kermode Bear Oct 7, 2012 @ 11:01am 
Open the PandoraEngine.ini (C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\My Games\Legendary\PandoraGame\Config-Folder) and search for
"MaxSmoothedFrameRate=300" and change the value to 60. This will cap your FPS at 60, which for some reason seems to fix the problem for most people. If that doesn't work, try 30 or so.

Worked for me when I had the elevator problem. It's a strange fix for the problem, too - one must wonder what in their game engine would cause this.
Exor Oct 7, 2012 @ 2:36pm 
60 didn't fix it but 30 did. Thanks for help! :)
What I did was just move all the way to the side.

No one posted a fix before, and said it was a game ending bug. Good to know that there is a fix, but moving to the side definitely did help me lol.
ConductOfWar2 May 1, 2013 @ 9:27am 
Thx 30 did the trick. Machine was to fast for last elevator /boggle
Giuseppe May 10, 2013 @ 2:43pm 
Originally posted by KermodeBear:
Open the PandoraEngine.ini (C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\My Games\Legendary\PandoraGame\Config-Folder) and search for
"MaxSmoothedFrameRate=300" and change the value to 60. This will cap your FPS at 60, which for some reason seems to fix the problem for most people. If that doesn't work, try 30 or so.

Worked for me when I had the elevator problem. It's a strange fix for the problem, too - one must wonder what in their game engine would cause this.

i tried also 30 but still the same bug

other suggestions pls
Hora Bablonde May 10, 2013 @ 3:12pm 
http://steamcommunity.com/app/16730/discussions/0/828925849218287934/he

see my post in this link for another link that allows you to enter no clip 'flying' mode to proceed to the next area of the story. EDIT: its my second more up to date post not my old first post.
Last edited by Hora Bablonde; May 10, 2013 @ 3:13pm
Giuseppe May 11, 2013 @ 11:47am 
thanks it works now
CptFuzzball Jul 3, 2014 @ 1:58pm 
had to pipe it down to 30fps .. but it worked :)
TheBiggyBoy May 1, 2018 @ 12:48pm 
For me, it's not working for 60fps and 30fps. I try both option...
Phoenix May 7, 2018 @ 8:06pm 
What worked for me was standing in the front, right side of the elevator, turning 45 degrees left, and looking down so my crosshair was on the line where the floor and elevator doors intersect. I do this before the elevator starts going up and I've never fallen through while standing in this way.
HunterKiller Oct 10, 2018 @ 6:31pm 
Originally posted by Kermode Bear:

Thanks for the info.
Last edited by HunterKiller; Oct 10, 2018 @ 6:31pm
`Clu` Feb 26, 2019 @ 11:22pm 
Wow. What a weird game breaking bug. Yeah, I also had to drop it down to 30, to get past the elevator. Very strange. But thanks for the fix!
RejZoR Jan 27, 2021 @ 2:44pm 
Developers who tie physics to framerate should be castrated with a rusted spoon.
Phoenix Feb 5, 2021 @ 11:55pm 
Originally posted by RejZoR:
Developers who tie physics to framerate should be castrated with a rusted spoon.
In this case it's just a flat out bug with the elevator. It's not entirely FPS dependent. My solution works at any frame rate, and it's the only elevator in the game with this problem.
Mikey Psycho Mar 10, 2021 @ 7:57pm 
Unfortunately, the 45 degree trick nor changing the frame rate to 60/30 didn't work for me. The Ghost Walk solution worked for me which was linked above. For quick reference, find the DefaultInput file found in the Config folder. Under --Dummy section, change .Bindings=(Name="PageDown",Command="Walk")
.Bindings=(Name="PageUp",Command="Ghost")

when you get in the elevator, hit PageUp before you fall/the elevator starts to move, then lookup and follow the elevator up. Hit PageDown in the hallway to return to normal. Don't walk forward to the main section with the glowing machine first or it won't save, you need to walk down the hallway and talk to Vivian in the control room to get the save so you don't have to repeat the process.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 21 comments
Per page: 1530 50