Duke4.net Forums: Diablo 1 HD mod - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Diablo 1 HD mod  "Should be called an overhaul or something"

User is offline   Bloodshot 

For anybody who liked Diablo 1 and its horror focus and heavy atmosphere

In addition to adding support for modern widescreen resolutions (and you can zoom the camera to your liking) this mod does much more than just that.

The UI is completely overhauled to function like a newer game, albeit with the same aesthetics as D1. It functions much like Diablo 2 now with the trade system, they've added stashes, crafting, tons of new armors and weapon sets, waypoints, colored lighting, new enemies and areas, blood effects for attacks, tons of new skills, new spells (cold spells are in the game now) classes, and generally pretty much added every intuitive improvement that D2 brought, plus a ton of new things.

Also, they added the quests that were cut from the game, and new NPCs like Gheed (complete with a gambling system like D2) - and NPCs also wander around and engage each other too.

Screens:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I'm really surprised they managed all this with Diablo 1, considering just 2 years ago people were struggling to add new tilesets.

User is offline   Kyanos 

Looks cool, I downloaded.

Here's the link for ppl http://mod.diablo1.eu.org/

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Sounds interesting. What about Hellfire?

No support for hellfire yet unfortunately, though it'll probably come later.

I think later on they are adding the quests to multiplayer which would be great, that was my main reason for playing D2 MP over D1 since D1's didn't have all the SP quests

User is offline   Malgon 

Man, I played this game to death, and then some back in the day. Plenty of fond memories of this game. The mod looks fairly cool, might have to give it a try when my backlog of games clears.

User is offline   Daedolon 

• Ancient Blood God

My favourite Diablo game. Can't believe this is just a simple mod and not a reverse engineered version of the game (is it?).

Definitely going to check it out at some point.

Something had to be reverse engineered, it does have its own exe. Maybe it's similar to Halo CE, how modders made "opensauce" which allows them to extend the engine's functionality through DLL hooks or something. (Also it won't even run on my shitty laptop like regular D1 will)

I just don't see how they could add new areas, revamp the UI, add crafting and socketed items, allow you to dynamically zoom, choose your desired framerate in the menu, and all these different things only using the base game with no fundamental changes.

Stumbled upon this in the catacombs

If you plan on playing it, minor spoilers

This post has been edited by Bloodshot: 12 March 2014 - 05:38 PM

User is offline   X-Vector 

"Return from whence you came"?

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

"from whence" is grammatically redundant; "whence" already has the preposition included in its meaning

Probably part of why its something that was cut from the game :blink:

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

I doubt it. Grammatical and typographical errors occur in video games all the time. Especially in pre-release stuff. And considering Diablo is set in a universe that tries to be medieval cool and most of the characters are stupid, it's not really out of place. Now Todd Replogle on the other hand...

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC