Re: Fifa 20 Menu narration...

by EA_Joz

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Fifa 20 Menu narration...

★★★★★ Apprentice

How is the menu narration in this game? Will it read out rosters and settings in the various game modes, similar to Madden, or is it very limited in what it reads? I can't seem to find any information about this, just that the game has this accessibility feature and I'd like to try it out if it will read most of the menus. Thanks.

Message 1 of 8 (8,040 Views)

Accepted Solution
Highlighted

Community Manager (retired)

Hello, @Matt92Machine I actually gave this accessibility feature a try a few days ago and it actually reads some stuff off from the menu. However, it does not read the rosters for you 😬 I would definitely give it a try.

EA_Joz

Joz.png
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey! If a post Answered your question, please click on Accept as Solution.
Thank players and help them 'Level Up' by giving them XP.
Want to learn more on how to level-up and become a Hero for the AHQ? Learn more about it here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/help/faqpage#ranks
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View in thread

Message 2 of 8 (8,017 Views)

All Replies
Highlighted

Hello, @Matt92Machine I actually gave this accessibility feature a try a few days ago and it actually reads some stuff off from the menu. However, it does not read the rosters for you 😬 I would definitely give it a try.

EA_Joz

Joz.png
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Want to learn more on how to level-up and become a Hero for the AHQ? Learn more about it here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/help/faqpage#ranks
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 2 of 8 (8,018 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Is there a way to turn off the narration ?

Message 3 of 8 (8,001 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@EA_Joz Thanks for the response. Kind of disappointing that it won’t read the roster screens, but at least it’s there. I may still give the game a try. EA needs to put out more information about these features though.
Message 4 of 8 (7,975 Views)

You are welcome @Matt92Machine!

@ahnhgel Yes, you can disable it by going to the Customise tab and then going to Settings and then Accessibility. You should be able to disable it there.

EA_Joz

Joz.png
Message 5 of 8 (7,960 Views)

FIFA 20 ULTIMATE TEAM

★★★ Newbie

FIFA 20 FUT Menus are awful to try navigate with a Visual Impairment just wondered if any settings are going to get added that look into text size/contrast.

Message 6 of 8 (7,584 Views)

Community Manager

@EA_Joz wrote:

You are welcome @Matt92Machine!

@ahnhgel Yes, you can disable it by going to the Customise tab and then going to Settings and then Accessibility. You should be able to disable it there.

EA_Joz

@mta101 

I moved your post over here because it is related to the menus. Have you tried the audio narration to see if that helps make it easier for you? If you have any specific recommendations on how navigating the menu can make it more fluid please let us know. Our accessibility team can also be reached directly here.

Blueberry.png
Message 7 of 8 (7,537 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Options to increase text size within the FIFA menus would be amazing, the text is very small within menus, roster screens. The screen reader doesn't work for roster and I'm not in a position with my vision that requires the use of a screen reader, a text size option would change the game massively for myself and many others! 

https://www.gamasutra.com/blogs/IanHamilton/20190123/334910/Demystifying_CVAA.php

Give this a read, I had the pleasure of attending a VI/SSI gamers seminar and spoke to Ian Hamilton! I would love to get more involved with accessibility at EA if possible. I'm already a game changer, my CM is a FIFA community manager who's twitter account was deactivated so contact has been hard!

Message 8 of 8 (7,428 Views)