Unable to interact with Login Verification prompt (PS4)

by Knarley_Sheen

Original Post

Unable to interact with Login Verification prompt (PS4)

★ Novice

I have logged in to Battlefield 4 on both my PS4 and PS5 today and facing an issue where I am being greeted with the Login Verification page, but cannot interact with it.

There's about a second or two where I can provide input, but it freezes up after that. This isn't enough time to select any of my options for account verification.

I have tried the following to resolve the issue, and each has not worked:

1. Restarted the game
  2. Restarted my console
  3. Re-installed the game
  4. Tried another EA game (Battlefield 2042) to see if that had any account login issues, which it did not
  5. Try natively on my PS4 (in case it was a backwards compatibility bug) which my PS4 faced the very same issue

I was taking a look at my EA account settings and noticed I can disable Login Verification (this is not a good idea as it is not secure) so I gave it a try, and I was then able to get in to Battlefield 4 without issues.

I have spoken with someone on the live chat who has mentioned other people have reported this issue today, and that I should raise this issue on the forum. Any chance someone could possibly give me guidance?

Message 1 of 7 (655 Views)

Re: Unable to interact with Login Verification prompt (PS4)

★★★ Newbie
@Knarley_Sheen I've gotten the same exact thing. It happened with my primary account but not on my back up account. I found that weird
Message 2 of 7 (579 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Knarley_Sheen Any news from EA how to solve this problem. Or if they are looking into solving it? It seems to be a bug of some sorts.
Message 3 of 7 (403 Views)

★ Novice

Sadly I've had nothing Frown I've kept checking the forums in case anyone has mentioned anything, but no real fix. I'm considering trying Battlefield 1 to attempt to accept the agreement in case 2042 is a little too new, but that's still not a true fix. In the mean time though, it's still a case of disabling the login verification on my account to play. I also noticed that the game recognises I have premium now ever since disabling it, so it has given me all my premium rewards!

I'm just worried that maybe they won't release a fix as the game is 10 years old.

Message 4 of 7 (394 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Message 5 of 7 (353 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I tried to turn off login verification and it keeps telling me “page not found” after I enter the confirmation code. What gives??!!

Message 6 of 7 (292 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Thanks4UrDogTagz So it guess the trick is to do it on your laptop, instead of phone. I was able turn it off and login.
Message 7 of 7 (288 Views)